Thursday, September 18, 2008

F A T

Stella learned a new word today.





A three letter word, but it may as well be four. One she can sock to Nana in church or something.






F






A






T






She's four and a half. I have no idea when I learned it, in the glory days of the seventies, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't when I was wearing my precious brown courderoy big bird overalls (yes, the same ones I threw up on) to kindergarten. As I recall, there was precisely one overweight person in my elementary school.


I am weight consious, that's for sure, but definitely not weight obsessed and I try like mad not to use that word.


She's even taken to telling me that if she eats too much popcorn she'll get






F






A






T



What do I do? Advice, please? I want happy, healthy daughters...and a happy, healthy world. I try to lead by example and all that jazz, but I do check out my bum in the mirror (come on, don't we all?) and I do weigh myself every morning. Although for some odd reason I tend to weigh less around 3, so I occasionally check in just to put a smile on my face. Now I digress...




No comments: