Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cheers to you!


I just wanted to say thank-you.

When I started this blog (and I still hate that word...does a rose by any other name...)...

When I started this blog it was a forum to practice writing. See, I do better with deadlines, and putting it out there, committing to something in a public place, was a way to ensure that I kept with the program, so to speak.

What I didn't expect, though, was to have so many people read it.

I sent the link to a list of people, offering it up, and I posted links occasionally on my Facebook account.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered a tool that shows me how many people are reading my blog. Then, imagine my surprise when I found that from 70 to 100 people stop by every day.

That's pressure.

Also, very cool.

I want to thank-you, all, for taking the time to stop in and have a look around. Thank-you, too, to those of you who post your comments and give me more to think about.

Thank-you. It means a lot to me.

8 comments:

kelle said...

Since you left a comment on my blog I have been reading yours daily! I enjoy reading your blog. By the way, thanks for your comment, I was encouraged by it and will post an update as soon as I hear from my doctor.

lotusloq said...

Wow! That's a lot of readers. Congrats! I love hearing what you have to say. I'm surprised more people don't leave comments though.

Have a Happy Halloween!

I'm back to blogging next week. Tomorrow's our big apple cider day! Woo hoo!

spinregina said...

Happy Halloween to you too! I wonder how many of the people who read are people who read me because they know me, but aren't "typical" blog readers, so they don't comment? That's my assumption....(I'm going with that, rather than the motto "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

spinregina said...

Kelle, all the best with that.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those lurkers who hangs around on this blog and never says anything. I think you are doing a great job with it and I just wanted to tell you! Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading and so does my husband! (p.s. we know you but aren't going to tell you who we are! you assumed right in this instance!)

spinregina said...

ha! I knew there had to be people I know reading this. Now it's just killing me as to who they are.

spinregina said...

p.s. thanks for saying nice things and thanks for stopping by. feel free to share your identity!

Anonymous said...

I think your writing is absolutely fantastic! I pop by every now and then and just really enjoy your perspective on life. You are one talented gal.