Tuesday, December 02, 2008

let it ROCK


I was born on the wrong side of the tracks. In my hood, this is called North of Dewdney. In your town it might be something else. Eastside/westside whatever it is / wrongside.

So I have a private fetish for loud rock music. Let me be more precise. Bad loud rock music. AC/DC, Def Leopard (see you thought I was going somewhere good when I said AC/DC - ha) and the more current Nickleback. Rock anthems, basically.

Tonight I was driving back from picking up my NEW LAPTOP (first laptop) and this ridiculously wicked song came on. I've only heard it a couple of times so I have to make up my own words but I just had to sing along.

Kevin Rudolph. LET IT ROCK.

My little Toyota was thumping as I pushed the factory stereo as high as it would go without crackling. Incidentally, that was pretty high.

My little head was (I'd like to say bopping but that just doesn't have the same impact) banging and I was throwing in the odd made-up lyric to make it seem like it was my song.

The reviews on iTunes are all on par; from 'sick sick sick' which I'm pretty sure means really good, to 'OMG GREAT!!!' to 'Pure Genius.'

Suffice to say that if I could have morphed back to the late 90s, to the Checkerdome, with about three stiff vodka paralysers, I would have. I wanted to breathe in that smoky, humid air and carve out my own niche on the dance floor and just throw up my arms and stomp my feet. The mood would have been perfect had I felt the abandon that comes with knowing I had a paper due the next morning. Even better. A midterm. I could always blow off a paper at two in the morning. Midterms, not so much.

If I could buy this song for all of you I would.

5 comments:

lotusloq said...

I'll have to go take a listen. I love rock too. Does that surprise you? I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but Def Leppard is good. Love Nickleback and Muse and Keane and Linkin Park (radio edits, of course, haha!) and on and on.

Listening to that stuff and banging my head for a bit gives me a needed release and creates a little happy spot right in the middle of me. Ah! To rock! Rock on!

spinregina said...

It does surprise me. Nice surprise. Yes. Must plug in the iPod (poor thing has been relegated to the sidelines during this effbomb reno).

lotusloq said...

I love, love, love my iPod. I'm also enjoying the merge of XM and Sirius. I especially like the new alt. rock station that was originally sirius. I had xm so it's new to me. Fun! Plus, one of the other stations that I listen to a lot has started doing better playlists.

DANALAUREN said...

Lol, I know the song it features Weezy lol if you know who that is. I guess it's catchy but have you seen the video it's sort of corny.

spinregina said...

Ah, but I am a corny person. I even have that as an (unwanted) nickname. And I'm way too old to watch videos.