Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just in case...


Just in case my last few posts were giving you the impression that I'm not vapid and a rabid consumer of popular culture, let me put your fears to rest. Read on, people.

We're famous! Apparently on Jay Leno we were mentioned last night in his monologue.

Claim to fame?

A malfunctioning tanning bed.

Perez Hilton dubbed it the "Headline of the Weak" and if you get picked up by Perez by golly you've made it in this town. I'm not sure what town I mean because I'm not sure how many people in Regina are hip to his tricks, but I would venture to guess that in the city that rhymes with fun it's a big deal to get picked up by the same guy who blogs about all the stars.

I'll be back later with more maudlin complaining. Although I do have a few ideas percolating....

6 comments:

spinregina said...

By malfunctioning I mean it malfunctioned in the worst way possible. Started on fire and refused to open, forcing the occupant to climb out the narrow opening at the end.

Lady Glamis said...

And this is why I don't go tanning....

I don't understand why girls in my town dress in super-short shorts and flaunt their super-tanned bodies in the middle of February. It's snowing. It's cold. What on earth are they thinking? I'm sure if their tanning beds caught on fire, they might stick with pants and normally colored skin.

Great post!

lotusgirl said...

Oh my gosh! I gave up on tanning in HS. It never sticks anyway. Peel or fade, baby, that's me. Now I just flaunt my translucent skin every where I go.

Glad to hear that you're famous. Haha!

Lisa and Laura said...

Ooh, even if I wasn't already anti-tan, I would be after reading this. I mean, FIRE!? Good god.

And you know me, I'm always up for vapid, rabid consumerism. Keep it coming!

spinregina said...

I must say that I love to tan and my love of tanning has been endorsed by my naturopath. Who knew? Up here in Regina, Canada (I told you, the city that rhymes with fun) we don't get much usable sunshine in the winter months and crisping myself is the only way I stay sane. At least, I think I'm sane.

I mostly wear pants, though.

Gottawrite Girl said...

This is straight out of a horror movie I once saw... too funny. Safe and translucent skin, seems literally true in this case!