Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Me.


The day is done. That's a lie, no mother's day is ever done, is it? But the day is done. The part where I was all on my own.

Daycare was a breeze. Her little bottom lip curled up and she cried when I left but was over it quickly. Big sister was sweet, telling me that when Soph saw her in the hall and cried it upset her. "My eyes got wet, and I wanted the day to be finished," Stella explained and my heart felt all squishy with just how much I love them.

I put on Real Clothes and when I picked them up Soph stroked my skirt, wondering what had become of the requisite sweatpants.

A midday yoga class was pure heaven and made every interaction seamless. Meetings were fun although it takes me a while to get my groove back and have useful things to say.

Life is good.

4 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Whoa! Slick skirt, meetings! What a way to change up the day.

Kids can be so sweet to each other--so loving, so caring, so compassionate. It's lovely to see it when that happens. (We won't talk about those other times just now.) ; )

Lisa and Laura said...

Just stumbled across your blog, as another mother of two who works from home and spends most of her time on the computer I can totally relate. Although, it's been years since I've worn panty hose...

Justus M. Bowman said...

"A midday yoga class..."

Not happening for me anytime soon. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lady Glamis said...

Boy is that statement true. No mother's day is ever done! I don't think I've had a full night's rest for 3 years now...

But it's worth it! *hugs two year old* They're all so CUTE!

I'll bet yours are adorable. :)