Sunday, January 18, 2009


ohmigod I was just reading the Style section of this week's Globe and Mail (that's like Canada's version of the New York Times) and I have been living in oblivion.

DID YOU KNOW THAT GWYNETH PALTROW HAS A BLOG?

At this point I haven't even read it, but while it was loading I quickly typed up this post so that we can all be on the same page. Let's all read it and meet back here later to discuss.

Food for thought: Gwyneth is like my high school nemesis. Not anyone in particular, but that perfect, ultra-cool chick who just had it so together. Actually, maybe she's more like the really amazing girl at university. The perfect balance of World's Best Clothes worn effortlessly and witty and gorgeous and dating the lead singer of the band. I mean really. It's the mix of a love/hate relationship that she doesn't even know we're having.

Enough. I'm going to go read.

9 comments:

Lisa and Laura said...

I have indeed read GOOP and it made me hate her even more. The FUG girls commented on it a while back and I had to read it myself. All of her suggestions are just so annoying somehow. Like I'm really going to be buying my mother an Hermes scarf anytime soon. She's just so self-righteous somehow, isn't she? I mean she's supposed to be all about simplifying her life, but her suggestions are all things that 99.9% of the population can't afford. It really bothers me.

And her detox diets? Ugh. I get crabby just reading about them. There is just no way I coud live off of carrot ginger smoothies and water for a week.

Lady Glamis said...

I like most of her movies. That's interesting that she has a blog... I'll have to go check it out. :)

lotusgirl said...

Whoa! I like the layout of it, but I have a hard time identifying with her world. Shall we leave it at that?

Captain Hook said...

Reread your survey question on the sidebar, Regina. "How many commas after a period?"

Personally, I didn't know commas ever came after periods.

spinregina said...

Ah, Captain Hook, thanks for pointing that out! I'm an editor, yet on here am lost without an editor.

L&L; that's exactly it! You know when people try to write witty things, or cool things, and it just comes across as pretentious and stupid (and let's face it, vapid?)? That's her. And what is sad, really sad, is that I'm pretty sure she doesn't see it that way. She thinks it's honest. She wanted to create, and it's not coming out right. Ah, now I feel bad for tearing her down. That's probably how I come across sometimes.

Regarding the detox thing; my husband did the Master Cleanse last spring. Lemon water with maple syrop and cayenne pepper. Ten days. It was nice not having to cook. He, on the other hand, went a little cuckoo.

lotusgirl said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, Gwenyth may be a little pretentious, however, she had some content on the exercises she's been doing with Tracy Anderson, so I google Tracy, then I'm on youtube, and now here I am doing exercises just before I go to bed. And I never exercise. Who know how much sticktoitiveness I'll commit to it, but for the moment, it feels awesome. So who cares if I can't afford her lifestyle. I've got my but in the air and I'm working my legs and arms are next. I feel like I win.

spinregina said...

Anon, you are a better person than me. Good on you to see the positives out of the site. And of course, that is certainly what she is trying to do. Ah, I must try to always see the light....

Anonymous said...

You know me, always looking on the bright side of life!! ;)