Wednesday, July 29, 2009

like it like that


And then there are the things that I like.

Things like really tacky songs (who knew a song could be tacky?). I submit to you for consideration Fire Burning by Shaun Kingston. God, that song rocks.

Maybe I like to dance with my girls if their dad isn't home after supper. By my girls I refer to my girls, one is 2 and one is 5, and after supper/before bed can be a make it or break it hour for us. I find that a good ole fashioned dance party, replete with some very loud Black Eyed Peas, turns our getting on each others nerves-ness around.

And maybe sometimes I like to read Danielle Steele at bedtime. Yup.

I like to take Wednesdays off work because really, who needs to work 5 days in a row. That just seems ridiculous to me.

I also like getting my eyebrows waxed. I mean not just so that I look better, which I do, I have very strong brows and they become wild and beast-like without proper maintenance. I mean, I like lying on the bed, having someone fuss over me, and entering a dreamlike state for 15 minutes interrupted only by hot wax and burning skin. When you have kids this really is a treat, trust me.

I like black nailpolish on my fingernails because I think it looks really sexy and not at all Goth. If it looked Goth I wouldn't like it.

I like singing along to the radio in my car. I also like letting people in if they are stuck in traffic, and I've had the opportunity to test that one out a lot this summer as half of the bridge is closed for construction. I always imagine that the person I let in was one moment away from a really bad day and I just turned it around for them.

I like going to yoga every day at lunch. If, as I so often say, I ruled the world it would be mandatory for everyone everywhere to go to yoga everyday.

I like picking my children up from daycare. Nothing beats that. Nothing.

I like writing again. Writing about things that aren't for work. Just to write. I like that a lot. I like being back at it.

4 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I used to get my eyebrows waxed until they raised the cost to $20 (plus tip). Every three weeks...that was just too much. But I need to set a goal to go every couple of months or so. You're right...it's VERY relaxing. That warm wax feels so good!

Shelli said...

i just pluck mine. got them waxed one time and I looked wierd. nice list :)

tash said...

Dear YOU. I am soooo glad you are writing here again! I missed your wonderful stories. I came to this site once a week to see if you came back. hope you and the family are doing well!
tash

lotusgirl said...

So glad to have you back! I've missed your lovely insights. I'm back too. I took about 6 weeks off from the blogging thing. For summer it was a must.